Wednesday 12 April 2017

Nabilah and Effie



Name: Nabilah

Child: 
Effie, Months

Location: Glossop
Expectations of Motherhood:
 I thought I had been around enough friends and family who have had children to give me an idea of what to expect. My partner has 2 children who stay with us part-time so I was used to having children around the house, and I had just about started to cope with this, so I thought I had a good idea of what was coming…….. How wrong I was. 

Reality of Motherhood: Motherhood is by far the hardest, most tiring and challenging thing I have ever done. It is also the most satisfying, enjoyable and fulfilling thing I have ever done. I now know I wasn’t prepared for how much my life was about to change. 

When you lie there looking at your baby and your heart could explode with how much love you have for her, knowing she is now your world. What you get back is worth it all.


Taking your child home for the first time: I was terrified and anxious. My partner had asked if we could go home the same day, I prayed for the midwife to say no, and thankfully she did. I needed a night under the watchful eye of the experts - surely they would give me some sort of test before I took this precious thing home to look after myself. 

The best/worst advice: The Worst advice was start as you mean to go on with baby; get into a routine asap and try to get out and about as soon as possible. 

The hardest parts of being a mother: The unknown…. not knowing if you’re doing a good job, should you be doing something different, the lack of sleep, and the guilty feeling you get if you need timeout for yourself. 



The best parts of being a mother: All of it. Especially when she looks up at me and smiles or puts her hands out for a cuddle. I feel blessed that something so amazing as Effie has come into my world. 

Has becoming a mother changed you:
 More than I ever imagined. 
My worries are different, obviously, and my priorities have changed. I don’t remember life much before Effie. 



Hopes for your family: That we grow stronger together, having a great relationship and trusting each other. I hope to give Effie all that she needs and be the best I can be for her. 

What advice would you offer to new and expectant mums: Trust your instincts. You know your baby better than anyone else. Don’t compare yourselves to new mums and your baby to new babies, you are individuals learning from each other. 




1 comment:

  1. X x x this is BEAUTIFUL sweet x x x I very much agree with what you have said, our babies give us so much back without them even knowing, ie a cuddle/love is worth more than money can buy x x x love me x x x

    ReplyDelete