Sunday 25 September 2011

Mandy and Lucy

Name: Mandy 



Child: Lucy, aged 13

Location: Manchester

Expectations of Motherhood: I had my daughter when i was 21 years old, I had absolutely no idea what to expect! Lucy was the first grandchild on either side of the family so everyone was very excited!

Taking your child: I felt excited, after eight days in hospital I couldn't wait to get home with my beautiful baby.

Reality of Motherhood: People told me it would turn my world upside down but I never felt that way. To me motherhood is a gift and one I will always appreciate being given.

The best/worst advice: The best advice I ever had was from the community midwife, she told me, "Your mum, mum in law, gran etc will tell you how they did things but your instinct will tell you what your baby needs and when it needs it." I always found that helpful.

The hardest part/s of being a mother: Easily the worry that something bad will happen to my child.

The best part/s of being a mother: The feeling of loving my child so unconditionally. The kisses, hugs and cuddles.

Hopes for your child: That my daughter will always be happy.

What advice would you offer to new and expectant mums: Enjoy every moment, even the tears and tantrums because the time will fly by!







No comments:

Post a Comment